|“I recommend it to
everyone who writes.”
LINDA LAEL MILLER
author of eight NY Times bestsellers
|“The best there is.”
Emmy winner, Academy Award nominee for Eyewitness
|WHY You Should Take
THE COMPLETE STORY And HOW It Is Different From All Other Writing Courses
- You work exclusively with master writing coach Jerry
Cleaver for a full year while you write your novel, screenplay, stage
play, memoir, or nonfiction book.
- Jerry's innovative methods have produced
successful, prize winning, and best-selling authors. His approach has
been endorsed by prominent editors and authors. (Click here for student successes and endorsements.)
- Jerry Cleaver is the author of St. Martin's Press' five star, worldwide best selling writing book Immediate Fiction and has thirty years of experience giving writers what they need to reach their goals.
- There are no substitute coaches. You work with
Jerry and only Jerry. Your work is never passed on to instructors,
students, or other struggling writers with no proven track record of
- Jerry is the sole creator of the world wide online
course The Complete Story (with students in New Zealand, Alaska, Hong
Kong, Turkey, Australia, Singapore, Ireland, England, Germany, Canada,
- You will learn to write successfully in the shortest amount of time and have the most fun doing it.
- Coaching response time is one week maximum. Many courses take two weeks or more to get back to you with help and advice.
- STORY HELP LINE. Email or call any time for help
with any writing problem. Get the help you need when you need it.
Whether it's help with your story or yourself, don't sit there and
suffer. Get the help you need the same day.
- PERSONAL CONFERENCES. Personalized help tailored
to your needs of the moment and the future. Help finding your subject,
setting goals, and dealing with any other writing problems to insure
you're not working against yourself and setting yourself up for failure
with unrealistic expectations.
- GUARANTEE. You'll have an entire month to work
with Jerry and write as much as you like while getting all the coaching
and personal guidance he'll be giving you throughout the course. You'll
know exactly what you'll be getting and be able to decide if you want
to go for it. Or if you decide not to sign on at any time before the 30
days, just notify Jerry then return the materials for a complete refund
- YOU CAN TRY IT OUT. You can actually experience the style and substance of the course without committing yourself to anything. SAMPLE THE COURSE NOW...
- TALK TO JERRY IN PERSON. Call anytime and talk to Jerry at 800-219-1114.
The best kept secret is: Writing is easy. If it's not, you're doing something you don't need to be doing.
It's a lot easier to do it the right way than to do it the wrong way.
Letting your imagination run wild on the page is the best way to uncover great ideas.
Mistakes lead to discovery.
Letting yourself be bad is the best way to get good.
The best way to give the reader an experience is to make sure you have it first.
Some writers plan first. Others jump in and go. Whatever works for you is right.
Let your urges and impulses lead the way.
You don't have to be brilliant to succeed. Plenty of average writers are making fortunes writing mediocre stories.
Your biggest problem is yourself. Getting out of the way and letting your imagination take over is the best way.
Is This You?
- You want to write but you have no time.
- When you do find time, you just can't drag yourself to the desk.
- If you do get going, your writing starts strong,
but becomes such a mess you don't know whether to keep working or dump
it all and start something new.
- You write lots of bits and pieces, but none of them fit together into a meaningful whole.
- You have training (workshops, college courses, or
even a degree in creative writing) but little or nothing you write gets
- You haven't taken a class because you're not sure
where to turn or what to do first. One thing you do know is you want to
get the right start so you don't waste a lot of time working on things
that don't matter.
GET SOLUTIONS to these and any other writing problems with:
Because the right guidance and coaching is crucial to a writer's
success, Jerry Cleaver, creator of Chicago's legendary Writers’ Loft,
presents a FULL COURSE designed to give writers of all levels the
crucial skills that make every story and every writer a success. Learn
everything you need to unlock your imagination and bring your ideas to
life on the page, stage, or screen.
"Write a novel in one
year. Yes, you have an entire year. I should say we have an entire
year since I'll be working with you, giving you the tools and personal
coaching you need to get it done as we focus on Story Craft: everything
you need to turn your ideas into exciting, dramatic stories. Plus The
Creative Process: what you need to not only stay unblocked and get the
most out of your imagination but how to go about it in the most exciting
and inspiring way possible." — Jerry Cleaver
Who Is Jerry Cleaver?
- Author of St. Martin's Press' five-star, world-wide best selling book Immediate Fiction.
- Teacher, writing coach, and creator of the legendary Writers’
Loft, Chicago's most successful writers' workshop for the last twenty
- Creativity specialist. He's spent the last thirty years
studying the creative process, writing, and the teaching of writing to
uncover the fundamentals that make every writer and every story work.
- Teacher of Professional Fiction at Northwestern University for ten years.
- Teacher of special seminars for Writer's Digest, published articles in the Writer's Digest Magazine, and featured in the Writer's Digest Yearbook.
- Creator of the worldwide "Complete Story" online course
(students in Alaska, New Zealand, Turkey, Hong Kong, Singapore,
Australia, Ireland, England, Canada, India),
- Creator and leader of the Fiction Writing for Lawyers seminar series.
- Author — published in various magazines, and ghostwritten for several books.
Fine, but is Jerry's course any good and how can you tell?
How Do You Judge A Writing Course?
You may have never had a writing course and may have little or no
idea what to look for. Or you may have had a writing course or two or
even a bunch, and you're still not sure what you need and what works.
Or you may feel you know what you need, but how can you tell if that's
what you'll get from any particular course? What is the best way to
choose? What's the best measure of a course's effectiveness? If your
goal is to be a successful writer, then only one thing matters: Results.
Learning the right skills to get you there as quickly and as
painlessly as possible. And that can only be measured by the
accomplishments of the students who have taken that course. What are
the accomplishments of those who have taken THE COMPLETE STORY writing
course and worked with Jerry Cleaver? Here are a few:
"I recommend it to everyone who writes."
Linda Lael Miller, author of eight New York Times bestsellers. Over 12 million books in print.
"The best there is."
Michael Harvey, Emmy winner, Academy Award nominee for Eyewitness.
"Without Jerry I never would have published at all."
Josh Landsman, playwright, author of Frank Talk About Matters Big and Small (Organic Theatre, Chicago).
"A powerful motivator."
Laura Caldwell, author of Burning the Map and A Clean Slate (Red Dress Ink), The Year of Living Famously (November, 2004), Look Closely (June, 2005).
"Simply brilliant. Brilliantly simple."
Donal Harding, author of The Leaving Summer (Wm Morrow) and winner of the Paris Afton Bonds Screenplay Award.
"The best storyman ever."
Jane Leder, author of Brothers and Sisters (St. Martins - nonfiction) and Dead Serious (Atheneum - nonfiction - rated one of the top ten books of the year by The National Library Board).
"Demystifies the story process."
Michele Fitzsimmons, winner of $7,000 Illinois Arts Council Award for 21 pages of The Writers’ Loft in-class writing.
"Better than all my English and writing classes combined."
Donald Catherall, author of Back from the Brink (Bantam).
"Simply the best workshop ever."
Nicole Hollander, nationally syndicated cartoonist, creator of Sylvia.
Here are some endorsements from those who have the expertise to know:
C. Michael Curtis, senior editor of
The Atlantic Monthly.
"A true story master."
Bernard Sabath, Broadway playwright, author of The Boys in Autumn, starring George C. Scott and
"Jerry proves there is method to this madness."
Tim Kazurinsky, Saturday Night Live writer and performer, screenwriter for About Last Night (Tri Star), For Keeps (Tri Star), and The Cherokee Kid, HBO special.
"Stretches your limits."
Bob Condor, Columnist, Chicago Tribune.
What You Get
- IMMEDIATE FICTION.
The heart of THE COMPLETE STORY. All the craft and technique you need
to create successful stories along with exercises for practice and
inspiration — from single scene to full stories you can turn into your
own pieces. This is no self-published book to try to gain credibility
but Jerry's five star, worldwide, best selling book published by St.
Martin's Press — one of the world's leading publishers.
- THE COMPLETE STORY WORKBOOK & MANUAL.
200 pages of expanded, advanced material, techniques for getting the
most out of your story, your characters, and yourself — created for and
available only with this course.
- STORY BUILDER & COACHING MANUAL.
Step by step assignments you use to put together your story then email
to Jerry for coaching and feedback as you work together to get your
story into shape and ready to send out.
A set of CDs that cover all the critical elements of storytelling. Play
them as you ride in your car or in your Walkman. The more you listen
the more you learn. A great way to perfect your skills and techniques
while you're doing other things.
- STORY HELP LINE.
Get the help you need when you need it. Email or call any time for
personal help with any and all writing problems whether it's trouble
with your story or yourself. Don't sit
there and suffer. Remember no problem is to great too conquer and none
is too small to disable you. The creative process is Jerry's specialty.
Email or call any time and let him get you back on the track.
- NO SUBSTITUTE COACHES.
You work personally with Jerry, a master writing coach whose innovative
methods have produced best selling and prizewinning writers and whose
approach has been endorsed by prominent editors and authors.
None of your work is ever farmed out to students or struggling writers
to give you feedback and coaching — as is the case with many other
- PROVEN METHODS. Jerry's coaching techniques have
produced prize-winning authors in all story media — novels, short
stories, screenplays, stage plays, and nonfiction. Click here for student successes and endorsements.
- THE CRITICAL DIFFERENCE
One thing about the course is: I don't do detailed editing of
manuscripts. What I do instead is to give you the tools (story craft
and technique) plus the coaching and guidance you need to make it work.
We work together from the Story Builder & Coaching Manual, laying
out your story, step by step, beginning to end, going over what the
story is about, who the characters are, what part each plays, where the
story starts, where it goes, how it goes, where it ends, how it ends,
etc, making sure it's set up right and has the dramatic momentum to
carry it through to a fulfilling ending. You can use a story you have
yet to write, are writing, or have written already. It doesn't matter.
If you don't have an idea, we work on finding one you like.
truth is, and this is the single most important truth of all: If your
story is set up well with the right forces at work, the writing takes
care of itself. Your focus needs to be on story and characters always.
It's the story that makes the writing work, not the writing that makes
the story work. When your writing takes off and pulls you along, it's
not because you're doing anything differently but because the right
forces have come together on the page and the characters have taken over
and are moving the story forward. It's all coming from you, from your
imagination, but it's coming so fast you have to write quickly to keep
up. The right forces coming together will trigger your imagination and
draw out of you what you have to bring your characters to life on the
page in your own unique way. Brilliant writing will never save a weak
story. Weak writing will never hurt a strong story.
work with the things that count and only the things that count. It's
different from what others are doing. Different in approach and
different in results. But if you get totally stuck and nothing else
works, I will look at that stretch of your writing. I won't leave you to
struggle with no help. But there are a number of things we do first to
help you develop the skills to solve your problems yourself, which is
what you need to be able to do in the long run to be successful. The
goal is to give you the tools you need to do it yourself so in the end
you don't need anyone including me and the only editor you need is one
who pays you.
- UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE. No restrictions, no penalties. A full refund, including return postage, if you�re unsatisfied.
- MORE VALUABLE THAN A YEAR OF COLLEGE WRITING COURSES.
Jerry taught at Northwestern for ten years. If you were to enroll in a
Master of Fine Arts writing program, you would pay over ten thousand
dollars for the exact same coaching and guidance. Jerry knows exactly
what you get in those courses and more importantly what you don't get.
With THE COMPLETE STORY you will get it all.
- MARKETING CONSULTATION BONUS. Jerry has been working
with writers for 30 years. Because procrastination is always a problem
(one you will overcome with this course), as a push to help you get
going, you will get this special marketing consultation ($200 if
purchased alone) if you enroll now.
you enroll now you will receive this special marketing consultation
free. What that means is, Jerry will work with you on a marketing
strategy — exactly how (manuscript preparation, query letters,
synopses), when (timing, how often, follow up, etc.), and where (agents,
publishers, editors) to submit your work and who to submit to in order
to ensure that your story gets serious consideration. Learn the tricks
of the trade (what no agent, editor, or publisher will tell you) and
avoid having to jump through all the hoops just to get your manuscript
before the right person.
can also tell you what not to do and what kinds of offers to avoid.
He's not a lawyer and doesn't give legal advice, but he can tell you how
to get the legal help you need to evaluate any contract before you
You also get a full, unconditional guarantee. If a course is any
good, there shouldn�t be any restrictions or penalties if you decide
it�s not for you. If you�re unsatisfied at any time, for any reason
during the first 30 days, you�re entitled to a full refund — no
The cost of the entire course is $2,094. Now that might sound like a
lot of money — more than a lot of other online courses. Why is this one
more? Review the list of what you get below and you'll see why it costs
more and how much you're really getting.
- A FULL YEAR. Personal coaching from Jerry while you write your novel, screenplay, stage play, memoir, or nonfiction book.
- NO SUBSTITUTE COACHES. You work personally with Jerry, a master writing coach
- IMMEDIATE FICTION. One of the nation's best-selling writing books.
- THE COMPLETE STORY WORKBOOK & MANUAL. 200 pages of advanced techniques. Created for and available only with this course.
- STORY BUILDER & COACHING MANUAL. The step-by-step process that will bring any story to life on the page. Also created for and available only with this course.
- CDs. Covering the critical elements of storytelling.
- PROVEN METHODS. Jerry's coaching techniques have produced prize-winning authors in all story media.
- UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE. No restrictions. No penalties.
- MORE VALUABLE THAN A YEAR OF GRADUATE WRITING COURSES. At a University, you would pay over $10,000 for the exact same coaching and guidance.
- MARKETING CONSULTATION BONUS. A $200 value available free if you sign up now.
You can pay with a check or money order. You can also pay with a
Visa, MasterCard, or American Express in one full payment or spread it
out over four ($523), five ($418), or six ($345) monthly payments.